2011年1月24日月曜日

poverty in Japan..!?!?


Today I research about my country's poverty.
I'm so surprised about the fact....

In Japan 15% is in poverty and 14.2% children (under 17 years old) are in poverty now. 
And those children can’t go to hospital and they live in house without lightning, gas, and water. Some children eat only lunch at school.
And in the worst happens, family commit suicide (this is very big problem in Japan). 

This is happening in Japan!!!

I found a questionnaire survey in Okinawa (in Japan)
It was written in Japanese so I’ll translate in English…

Can’t pay money for school lunch・・・63.1%
Can’t go to hospital even the got a sick and injured・・・31.1%
Spending night without adult・・・56%  …etc
And someone answered…
I get a sick because I don’t have a blanket.
I couldn’t prepare the school uniform so I couldn’t go to school.
I absent school when it is rainy.  Because I don’t have umbrellas and raincoats.
I gave up joining in the school club because it needs money….etc

even I am a Japanese but I didn't know what is happening in my country...
I also found some article about Japanese poverty...
If you have interest, please read this.


In Japan many people (I think) don’t know about poverty in Japan (and Japanese children). Actually I didn’t know that. 
Because Japanese government don’t open the information about that and they are not doing enough thing for them. 
So I think Japanese government need to research about children in poverty more and they need to share the information with citizen.
And they need to thinking about how to use tax for children more. 
I hope governments provide family more money for insurance and schooling.
I think Japanese church needs to open the door more and more.(my church’s door is almost always close…) 
And media need to share the information to people more.
I hope people can get stable job.

How do you think about it???

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿